QuillBot is one of the most popular writing assistants.
But is QuillBot Premium worth it?
Let’s look into it.
Is QuillBot Premium worth it?
Yes, QuillBot premium is worth the price. It will equip your AI writing workflow with advanced features, like the “Compare Mode,” faster paraphrasing, increased character limit, and more. The tool pays for itself, especially if you need to produce dozens of articles about the same topic in your line of work.
QuillBot Premium unlocks four paraphrasing modes, namely Creative, Shorten, Expand, and Formal.
Here’s a quick overview of these modes:
- Creative: Rewrite sentences to communicate similar ideas—sometimes from new angles.
- Formal: Follow strict writing rules to create professional-sounding content for business communications.
- Shorten: Remove extra words to convey your message as clearly as possible.
- Expand: Include additional details and write longer sentences.
These additional modes make QuillBot more flexible in terms of professional applications. You can use it to create social media captions, short stories, business letters, guest posts, and more.
If you like QuillBot’s free version, upgrading to the Premium version will take your experience to a whole new level.
Other Benefits of QuillBot Premium
- Advanced language model. Tap into more advanced language generation capabilities. Compared to the free version, QuillBot premium produces more natural-sounding and grammatically correct text completions.
- Unlimited paraphrasing. QuillBot Premium users can paraphrase an unlimited number of words.
- Increased summary limit. As opposed to the free version’s 1,200-word limit for the summarizer, QuillBot Premium can generate summaries for texts up to 6,000 words in length.
- Faster processing. QuillBot Premium is calibrated to generate paraphrased text faster—perfect if you’re trying to beat a deadline.
- Tone detection. The premium version of QuillBot lets you analyze the emotional impact of your text.
- More features. QuilBot Premium lets you “freeze” words you don’t want to change, find long sections of unchanged words, use the “Compare” mode to track changes, and more.
Are there any limitations to the features provided by QuillBot?
Yes, some of QuillBot Premium’s features have limitations in terms of the number of words to be processed. For example, the text summarizer has a limit of 6,000 words, while synonym options are capped at four suggestions.
The good news is, other core features, like the paraphraser and freeze words, can be used on unlimited words.
QuillBot Premium may generate coherent sentences and paragraphs, but it doesn’t have specialized knowledge. It can offer you limited help with vocabulary enhancement and technical AI-generated information.
Need advanced help with technical, confidential, and sensitive data? Sorry, but it may not be the best text-editing tool.
How does QuillBot compare to human editors?
QuillBot Premium isn’t designed to be a replacement for human editors, but it can get the majority of the work done for you. The AI paraphraser is capable of producing grammatically accurate and professional-sounding articles that match different writing domains, be it academic, business, or creative.
To test QuillBot Premium’s paraphrasing power, let’s use it to rewrite the previous paragraph.
Just paste the text into QuillBot’s main editor, select the ‘Fluency’ mode, and click ‘Paraphrase.’
With this input, here’s what QuillBot’s paraphrasing algorithm sends out:
Take note that the paraphrasing mode you select has drastic effects on the paraphraser’s performance.
Here’s what QuillBot generates using the “Creative” mode:
For good measure, here’s one more test using the “Formal” mode:
Don’t forget that you can further rewrite your text if you’re not happy with the output.
Click on individual words to reveal rewriting suggestions. Or, select a sentence and click ‘Rephrase’ for additional rewriting options based on different paraphrasing modes.
Remember, the accuracy of QuillBot’s suggestions may vary depending on the text, structure, and complexity of the topic being discussed. High-level articles saturated with technical terms may get rewriting suggestions that create incorrect information.
More importantly, QuillBot Premium doesn’t work offline—nor does it have a mobile app you can use anywhere. Human editors, on the other hand, can use their own writing and proofreading skills to polish any copy with or without an internet connection.
Can plagiarism detector tools detect QuillBot?
No, QuillBot Premium is more than capable of generating original text that can fool plagiarism detectors. To be safe, the platform has a built-in plagiarism checker of its own to help you avoid plagiarism hits before even finalizing your draft.
QuillBot Premium is excellent at identifying and correcting grammar errors, improving word variety, and rephrasing sentences. And it’s good enough to provide suggestions that are (at least) as good as human editors.
Because of this, most plagiarism detector tools can’t detect text created by QuillBot Premium.
If ever you encounter plagiarism-related issues, feel free to reach out to QuillBot’s support channels:
- Customer service channels. QuillBot Premium users have access to priority customer service, which means that they can receive help fast. They can request assistance via the email form, which is accessible via the online dashboard.
- Knowledge base and tutorials. QuillBot offers a knowledge base where users can find articles and tutorials on how to use its different features. This is perfect for those who prefer self-learning experiences to get things done quicker.
- Community forum. Users can refer to the community forum where they can share tips, ask questions, and get help from other users. The forum is also a great place to pick up tricks that aren’t mentioned in any of QuillBot’s official documentation.
How much does QuillBot Premium cost?
QuillBot Premium costs $9.95 if you subscribe to its monthly plan. If you subscribe to the yearly plan, you get charged $49.95 every 12 months—that’s the equivalent of spending $4.17 per month.
|Monthly Plan||Semi-Annual Plan||Annual Plan|
|Discounted Price (20% Off)||$7.96||$31.96||$39.96|
|Your Total Savings||$1.99||$7.99||$9.99|
Don’t want to continue your subscription? You can go ahead and cancel it at any time.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for canceling your QuillBot Premium subscription:
- Step 1: Log in to your QuillBot account.
- Step 2: Click your account’s initial in the upper-right corner and select ‘Account Details’
- Step 3: Go to the ‘Your Plan’ tab.
- Step 4: Click ‘Cancel Subscription’ under “Manage Subscription.”
You will receive an email confirming that your subscription has been canceled and will not be renewed. In the meantime, you can continue using QuillBot Premium until your subscription’s duration ends—after which, you’ll be downgraded to the free version.
How many devices can I use with QuillBot Premium?
Unfortunately, you can only use QuillBot Premium on one device at once. Teams aren’t allowed to use the software if they only pay for one account.
If you need QuillBot Premium for multiple users, you need to purchase individual licenses for each. Luckily, the platform’s pricing is very affordable for professional writing teams and educational organizations.
Is account sharing possible or allowed?
QuillBot doesn’t support account sharing and only allows one person per account. Sharing your account with another user is against QuillBot’s Terms of Service.
What is better than QuillBot premium?
Here are alternative writing assistants for QuillBot:
- Grammarly: This writing assistant offers a free version with basic grammar and spell-checking features that are more reliable than QuillBot’s proofreading capabilities. Grammarly also has a mobile app, Microsoft Word add-in, browser extension, and desktop app for easier access. You can read this Grammarly vs QuillBot comparison article for more details.
- Jasper: Previously known as “Jarvis,” Jasper is an AI writing tool that can generate entire articles from scratch with just a few prompts. However, Jasper is significantly more expensive than QuillBot, especially if you only need paraphrasing.
- Frase.io: Frase.io is an AI-powered tool for content SEO. It’s designed to generate SEO-friendly articles from the ground up, highlight content opportunities, optimize existing content, and more.
QuillBot Frequently Asked Questions
Is QuillBot as good as Grammarly?
Grammarly is better than QuillBot in terms of plagiarism checking, grammar checking, and writing improvement. However, QuillBot is better than Grammarly at paraphrasing text since the latter lacks that feature.
Is QuillBot available on mobile?
QuillBot doesn’t have a mobile app, but it has a mobile-friendly web interface. If you’re on a mobile device, you may use your mobile browser to access QuillBot.
Does QuillBot offer student discounts?
Yes, QuillBot offers student discounts. Simply enter the QuillBot discount coupon code during checkout to avail the discount.
Write More Refined Text with QuillBot Premium
Whether you’re a student, a professional, or a blogger, QuillBot Premium can help you express yourself more effectively and communicate your ideas with precision and clarity.
Upgrade to QuillBot Premium today and elevate your writing to a new level of excellence.