Ready to level up your blogging strategy with video content?
You’ll need an awesome video creation tool for that.
In this post, I compiled the top nine video editing software for bloggers.
Let’s cut to the chase.
My Top Picks: Video Creation Tools for Bloggers
Movavi is a tad ahead of the competition in terms of price, features, user-friendliness, and overall app performance. Use its lineup of templates, advanced audio controls, image editing tools, transition effects, stickers, stock assets, and more to create eye-popping videos in no time.
The Benefits of Video Content in Blogging
Videos continue to dominate the content marketing landscape, and it’s not hard to see why.
Here are some of the top reasons why you need to incorporate videos into your blogging strategy:
1. Provide a better learning experience for your audience
Video content makes it easier to digest technical information—from DIY projects and software tutorials.
Jeff Geerling, for example, regularly publishes YouTube content and embeds them in his blog posts. The video usually explains the topic, highlights key takeaways, or shows step-by-step instructions while the article elaborates on crucial details.
2. Get your target audience’s attention
Video has become the internet’s favorite content format, be it short-form videos on Instagram or full-length tutorials on YouTube.
Statistics show that people spend an average of 17 hours per week watching videos online. Without videos in your blogging strategy, you’ll miss out on a lot of attention from your target audience.
I, myself, publish YouTube videos to generate hundreds of thousands of views and raise brand awareness for my own blog. It’s all about targeting topics that your audience wants to learn and providing just enough value to pique their interest—driving them straight to your website.
3. Maximize your blogging profits
Apart from grabbing attention, videos are highly effective in converting viewers into paying customers.
Data from Wyzowl shows that 92% of marketers are happy with the ROI of their video marketing efforts. This boils down to video content’s ability to trigger specific emotions, quickly highlight product features, and put viewers in a buying mood.
Remember, you don’t need your own products to generate sales with video content.
KeebNews, for example, embeds keyboard review videos in their blog posts to generate affiliate sales. Their video highlights the details that potential customers want to see, while the article contains technical information and their affiliate links.
4. Build your social media presence
Publishing simple videos on social media is a surefire way to garner engagement, gain followers, and skyrocket your social media presence.
According to The 2023 Content Benchmarks Report by Sprout Social, 66% of social media users find short-form videos engaging, whereas 37% think the same for live videos. The best part is, these are among the easiest and cheapest video formats to produce.
As an example, travel blogger Matthew Kepnes—AKA “Nomadic Matt”—leverages video sharing on platforms like YouTube to bring more views to his blog. Lately, however, he focuses on Instagram Reels to garner thousands of views without spending days putting together long-form videos.
5. Video content is easier than ever to create
Another reason why video content is great for today’s bloggers is how easy it is to make them nowadays.
Most modern smartphones are capable enough of capturing high-quality footage. In addition, social media websites also have native video editing features that can help anyone publish captivating clips.
Of course, powerful video creation tools are more accessible now than ever—not just in terms of price, but also in usability.
According to Wyzowl’s Video Marketing Statistics 2023, 41% of first-time video marketers found it easy to create video content in-house.
Types of Video Content for Bloggers
Not sure how to incorporate video content into your blogging strategy?
Below are some ideas that will get your creative juices flowing:
- Introduction videos: If your goal is to engage and encourage your audience to read a blog post, an introduction video works wonders. Focus on introducing the topic, explaining a relevant concept, sharing the results, or mentioning pain points to draw readers in.
- Tutorial and how-to videos: Videos packed with valuable information, such as step-by-step instructions, can generate a lot of engagement on social media and video-sharing sites like YouTube. They can also be embedded in blog posts that cover a much broader topic, like pillar posts and “ultimate guides.”
- Faceless videos using stock footage: Use stock video clips to easily create short-form videos with a simple voiceover. This video format works great when sharing quick tips or hacks related to your niche.
- Product reviews and demos: Although video reviews require more preparation and effort to create, they’re effective in generating conversions. This is useful if you’re affiliate marketing or promoting your own product.
- Interviews and discussions: Interview videos with experts, influencers, and industry leaders can capture a large audience, especially if you invite someone popular. You can use a virtual conferencing tool to simplify the logistics involved with this video content strategy.
- Animated explanations: Explainer videos are easy to create and even easier to consume for online viewers. Modern video editing apps provide templates and drag-and-drop tools to help you build animated explainers in no time.
- Behind-the-scenes content: Another perfect format for short-form videos is “behind-the-scenes” content. Some ideas include giving your followers a tour of your office and sharing your daily routines.
- Travel and exploration videos: Visual content is a must for travel bloggers who are new to the competition. Well-made exploration videos, in particular, will help you get views and win followers on platforms like YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Event coverage: Attending (or hosting) events is a golden opportunity to generate unique, evergreen video content for your blog. Events can also be covered and broadcasted live, which drives up engagement through live audience interactions and FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out).
- Ad videos: Despite their reputation, video ads are highly effective in raising brand awareness and generating blog traffic. Video ads are also easy to produce—thanks to numerous templates and drag-and-drop tools from modern video creation apps.
Ready to roll with any of the video content ideas above?
Don’t worry—you don’t need a well-funded production crew to start leveraging video content.
This takes us to…
Top Video Creation Tools for Bloggers
With the tools below, start creating publish-ready videos that will magnetize visitors to your blog.
Let’s start with my top picks:
Movavi offers video-making tools that fit the needs of beginners and seasoned content creators alike. It has everything you need to create studio-quality videos for content marketing, such as AI-powered motion tracking, manual audio adjustments, scene detection, and more.
To help beginners learn Movavi’s interface, the app kicks off with a guided tour. Feel free to skip it if you’re already familiar with how video editing tools work.
Besides, the Movavi app is built for streamlined workflows. You import assets in the content section, use video-editing features from the main toolbar, mash everything together in the timeline bar, and preview your work in the top-right corner.
Movavi is loaded with features that let you whip up professional video content in minutes. For advanced users, there are tons of in-depth video editing tools waiting to be explored.
1. Quick Movie/Slideshow Wizard mode
The Quick Movie feature is perfect for bloggers who intend to use video in their daily content strategy. With this feature, professional-level video creation is simplified into five steps:
- Step 1: Add your content assets.
- Step 2: Pick a transition template.
- Step 3: Choose your background music or upload your own.
- Step 4: Preview your work and add the finishing touches.
- Step 5: Export your video, share it online, or make additional changes.
2. Drag-and-drop video editing tools
Add flavor to your videos using Movavi’s drag-and-drop interface. Use the main toolbar to insert title screens, transition effects, stickers, filters, and extra effects to create thumb-stopping video posts.
3. Granular video control
With Movavi, you can polish your content with advanced video controls. Make color adjustments, animate visual elements, implement video stabilization, automatically detect scenes, insert your logo, and more.
4. Advanced audio editing tools
Enhance your content’s audio using Movavi’s streamlined audio controls. Some of the audio editing tools include the equalizer, compressor, reverberation, beat detection, and background noise removal.
5. Built-in stock media library
No time or resources to create custom assets? Use Movavi’s in-app stock asset library to produce original video content in minutes.
Stock assets are available across several tools, such as the title builder, asset importer, and effects menu.
VEED is a modern, browser-based video editing app designed to keep video editing as simple as possible.
The minimal interface features clean menus and beginner-friendly video editing tools. While it lacks advanced video and audio controls, the quality you get out of VEED is more than enough for social media publishing.
VEED may not be equipped for heavy-duty video editing, but it has features that match most blogger’s needs.
1. Easy-to-use recording options
Take advantage of VEED’s numerous recording options to save time in your video production workflow. Record directly from your camera, use screen capture, record audio, and more.
2. Speed up video creation with customizable templates
Similar to Movavi, VEED helps you speed up content creation through dozens of customizable templates. Find the perfect template by specifying your niche and desired aspect ratio (square, landscape, or portrait).
3. Video elements tailored to social media
VEED includes video elements that social media users will love. Quickly insert emojis, animated stickers, GIFs, shapes, popular brand logos, CTA pop-ups, and other graphics in a snap.
4. Easy audio and captions
Use VEED’s audio controls and captioning tool to deliver a more impactful experience on social media. Captions are incredibly important for engaging social media users who enable autoplay, but automatically disable sound playback.
Filmora by Wondershare is another desktop-based video editing app with a versatile set of features for different content creators. Quickly layer your clips with effects, audio tracks, stickers, and transitions using the beginner-friendly interface.
Check out some of Filmora’s noteworthy features for video content creation:
1. Save projects on the cloud
Filmora gives you the option to create and save projects locally or on the cloud. Cloud-based projects keep your progress safe and let you continue working from another device.
2. Create videos in a flash with Instant Mode
Filmora’s Instant Mode lets you create professional-looking videos with over 100 customizable templates. Simply pick a template, choose your assets, and wait for the AI to blend everything together.
3. Integrations with third-party stock media websites
If you need assets for your video, Filmora integrates with popular stock media sites—namely Pixabay, Pexels, Giphy, and Unsplash. Filmora also has in-app access to the Wondershare Filmstock, which contains truckloads of royalty-free audio, effects, motion graphics, and more.
4. Customizable toolbar
Personalize your experience with a custom toolbar that perfectly suits your workflow. Combine tools like motion tracking, AI matting, text-to-speech, color matching, and more into one accessible location.
If your goal is to produce video content for social media en masse, InVideo is worth checking out. With a massive library of customizable templates, focus on developing your content strategy and promoting posts.
Here’s a quick overview of InVideo’s features:
1. AI text-to-video
InVideo’s AI tool lets you convert text scripts into video content. Simply choose a template based on the video content type you want to create.
2. Collage templates
Use collage video templates if you need to showcase multiple clips or images in one frame. Feel free to edit each asset’s colors, and dimensions—or pick a different transition effect for your collage.
3. Mix and match visual elements
Blend together text, music, logos, and various visual elements using InVideo’s drag-and-drop editor. Apply different animations to individual elements and preview the results in real-time.
4. Templates designed for social media
InVideo’s greatest strength is its collection of video templates tailored to different social media content types. Discover templates for testimonial ads, presentations, special offers, mini listicles, and so on.
5. Steve AI
Automate your video creation process with Steve AI—an AI specifically designed to turn text into all sorts of video content. To see how it works, generate a sample script by specifying a video type, choosing a video category, setting an aspect ratio, and entering a title.
Steve AI features
Below is a rundown of Steve AI’s video creation features:
1. Add AI voiceovers
Inject your blogging brand into your AI videos by inserting auto-generated narrations. Personalize your voiceover by setting the AI voice’s language, accent, and gender.
2. Automatically emphasize keywords
Enable the “Auto Highlight” feature to automatically emphasize keywords in your script. This is useful for highlighting CTAs, special offers, or other keywords to make your video more engaging.
3. Video editing workspace
Fine-tune your AI video by changing colors, transition directions, and scene durations. You can also manually add or delete scenes, choose a different template, hide text, insert an outro, and more.
Short-Form Video Creation Tools
Short-form videos generate a ton of engagement on TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, and other video-sharing sites.
Here are the tools you should consider for creating short-form videos:
Zoomerang is a mobile video creation app with an entire marketplace of templates for social media videos. It’s specifically designed for Instagram Reels, Stories, and TikTok, which are the go-to platforms for short-form videos.
- Templates for social media video content: Zoomerang boasts a whopping 1M+ video content templates for social media. These time-saving templates fall under categories like travel, makeup, interior design, food, and other social media-relevant niches.
- Background tools: Remove backgrounds behind your subject and use a different background image or color. Bring subjects along with other visual elements to life with pre-configured animation effects.
- AI tools: Use AI effects and filters to easily create attention-grabbing videos for TikTok and Instagram. The Zoomerang app interface follows the same format as popular social networking platforms, enabling beginners to be productive from day one.
InShot is another mobile video editing app built for creating video content for social media. Despite its focus on social media videos, the tool is equipped with in-depth features under the hood.
- Advanced transition controls: Use anything from basic transitions to advanced glitch effects to weave multiple clips into a cohesive video. Advanced transition effects can be applied whether you’re starting from scratch or using a pre-made template.
- Audio mixer: Mix music, sound effects, and voiceovers using a drag-and-drop editor. This is a feature that a lot of mobile video editing apps lack.
- Decent selection of video editing tools: InShot has plenty of stickers, stock assets, special effects, and AI-based tools to fuel your video ideas. You can also browse other users’ creations to obtain ideas that generate clicks.
Animated Video Creation Tools
If animated videos match your blog’s style better than live videos, here are tools to help you create simple animations:
Although Canva is primarily a graphic design tool, it’s more than capable of producing videos for blogging and social media marketing. The tool allows you to create content with live video clips, but it truly excels when it comes to animated content.
- Social media video templates: Speed up your video creation process with Canva’s diverse library of project templates. Create anything with pre-built projects, including TikTok videos, Facebook Stories, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts.
- In-depth image control: Canva is a goldmine of tools that help you refine visuals. Use AI effects, filters, and advanced image controls to fine-tune what your audience sees.
- Annotation/Drawing tools: Create animated explainer videos and tutorials by drawing directly on the frame. Annotations can be animated and timed, ensuring a smooth and impactful viewing experience for your audience.
9. Motion Array
Motion Array is a motion graphics tool for all types of content creators. Use it to create premium, animated infographics or combine it with other tools to create dynamic titles, intros, outros, or transition frames.
Motion Array features
- Flexible templates: With Motion Array’s templates, anyone can create studio-quality animations with just a few customizations. Use templates for titles, text animations, promos, bullet points, data visualizations, and more.
- Video editor plugins: At its base, Motion Array’s video editing capabilities are limited. But you can expand its functionality with plugins for color grading, keying, sharpening, and particle effects.
- Community-driven asset library: Motion Array’s community of professional designers makes their assets available for other users. You can choose to follow specific accounts to be up-to-date on their latest work.
Whether you need short-form videos for social media or in-depth explainer videos to increase sales, your first step is to choose the perfect video creation tool.
The tools mentioned above contain some of the best options for bloggers. You don’t need a studio’s budget or a full professional crew to create captivating videos—all of the tools above are designed for one-man bloggers and solopreneurs.