Here’s the deal:
Blogging is no longer a hobby for hipster weirdoes.
Blogging can help you become a published author, leave your desk job behind and travel the world.
Not only that, you can even turn your blog into a multi-million dollar company once it gains some momentum.
I know it’s a lot to take in at once. And I am pretty sure you think it’s impossible.
Read on and I will show you what blogging can do for you:
7 Benefits of Blogging That Can Change Your Life:
- Make Your Career in Digital Marketing Through Blogging
- Become A Better Negotiator/Persuader Through Blogging
- Live Your Dream Laptop Lifestyle and Leave Your Desk Job
- Become a Published “Best-Selling” Author And Change Your Life
- Become a High-Paid Consultant/Freelancer
- Turn Your Blog Into a Multi-Million Dollar Business
- Build Relationships With Influencers In Your Industry
How Much Money Can You Make As a Blogger?
Money is at the heart of why most people start a blog.
They don’t believe that blogging is a career option and that it can become an income source.
But they couldn’t be more wrong.
Blogging has helped many people become published book authors, leave their jobs, and make a full time living. Not only that, blogging has helped people build multi-million dollar businesses.
Don’t believe me?
Here are a few examples:
- Ramit Sethi started his blog I Will Teach You To Be Rich from his college dorm room. He started writing about personal finance as a hobby. Soon, he started making some money with his blog. Now, he is one of the top go-to personal finance advisors in the world. And yes, his company is worth millions of dollars.
- Tim Ferriss started a blog where he would share advice on Lifestyle design and weight loss. He soon after released a book titled The 4-Hour Work Week. And the rest is history. He has since written 4 best-selling books and makes millions of dollars each year. Because of the fame, he got from his book and his blog, he now charges well over $50,000 per ad placement in his podcast.
Now, of course, it will take a lot of time before you can turn your blog into a multi-million dollar business. But it is possible.
Most bloggers are able to leave their job and start making a full-time income from their blogs in less than a year.
If making millions of dollars is not enough motivation for you, here are some other benefits to fuel your motivation tank:
1. Make Your Career in Digital Marketing Through Blogging
How many times a day do you think about leaving your desk job and doing something you actually love?
For most people, it is hundreds of times every week.
The option to change your career isn’t an opportunity that knocks every day.
But as they say, “if the opportunity doesn’t knock, break the goddamn door.”
To become a master at the art of blogging, you will need to master the art of promoting your ideas. And what is promoting your ideas if not marketing?
Don’t worry, it’s not as difficult as it sounds!
Most bloggers get good at it in less than two or three weeks.
Once you get good at the art of blogging, you open up a new door that is the opportunity to start a career in Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing is as fun as most jobs are boring. Unlike most jobs, in Digital Marketing, there’s always something new to learn and something new to try.
If all you want is to be able to leave your boring job behind and start a new career, start blogging.
2. Become A Better Negotiator/Persuader Through Blogging
Blogging isn’t just about writing what you think on a topic. If you do that, no one will read your blog posts.
Blogging is about expressing your ideas in a way that not only grabs the reader’s attention but makes them believe in your ideas. If you can’t convince people to believe in your ideas, you will just be another blogger in the sea of sameness.
If you write about personal finance, then you need to try to persuade people into believing that your “method” of saving money is the best there is on the market.
If you think persuading people is hard, don’t worry. It’s all a matter of practice. The more you write, the better you will get at it.
3. Live Your Dream Laptop Lifestyle and Leave Your Desk Job
Blogging offers a lot of avenues for replacing your full-time income and leaving your desk job behind.
A lot of bloggers live the laptop lifestyle traveling the world with nothing but their laptop and a few clothes. They work from wherever they like.
Most people try to over-complicate the idea of making money with your blog. If you aren’t a businessman or an MBA, no worries. The easiest way to make money is to slap a few ads on your blog.
Do ads make any money?
There are many bloggers out there who only publish blog posts for the fun of it and make a substantial amount of money doing so without even thinking about making money.
If you want to follow suit, start a blog.
4. Become a Published “Best-Selling” Author And Change Your Life
Benjamin Hardy started blogging only a few years on the blogging platform Medium. Back then, he had no followers and no connections.
He consistently published articles on Self-Improvement and soon became friends with authors such as Ryan Holiday. By blogging consistently, Benjamin not only grew his audience, but he also got a book deal from a very reputable book publisher.
If you dream of ever becoming a published author, I hate to break it to you:
Having a large audience online is THE ONLY way to get a book deal from a reputable book publisher.
Those days are long gone when you could just show up at a book publisher’s office and ask them to publish your book. The first thing any book publisher will ask you is How many followers you have online.
Having an audience that reads your blog regularly is a sure sign for the publisher that your book will do great once published. That’s what book publishers look for.
Another benefit of blogging is that you don’t need to approach book publishers. They come to you once you have a big enough audience. Srinivas Rao is a great example. He started writing about his habit of writing a blog post every day and how it changed his life. Only after a few months of doing so, he received an offer to write a book on the same subject from a well-respected publisher.
So, if you dream of becoming a published “best-selling” author, start blogging. It will make it a thousand times easier to not only get a book deal but also to sell your book once it is published.
5. Become a High-Paid Consultant/Freelancer
That’s how much high-level consultants charge per hour. Yes, you read that right, per hour.
The amount of money you can charge your clients as a consultant depends on how your clients perceive you. If your clients perceive you as an expert in your craft, you will be able to charge as much as $10,000 an hour.
Consultants who are at the top of their game such as Dan Lok charge based on what their time is worth to them, not what the market is offering.
Think how much better your life would be if you could charge clients whatever you want without your clients ever haggling on the price.
That doesn’t have to be a dream for you.
How clients perceive you online depends on how well-known you are in the industry. You don’t need to be a master of your craft to be able to charge a high-dollar fee.
Neville Medhora is a copywriter who blogs about copywriting and business on his blog KopywritingKourse. Neville is a great copywriter but he is definitely not one of the top copywriters in the world.
Do you think Neville has to go out and look for clients?
No, clients come to him and he charges what he thinks his time is worth. And right now he thinks his time is worth $597 an hour, so that’s what he charges his clients.
Now, I can’t promise that blogging will get you to that level. But if you want to charge higher than you currently do, prove to your prospective clients that you know what you are doing by writing about what you do.
If you are a personal finance coach, write tips and tricks on how people can easily save money. This will prove to your prospective clients that you actually know what you are talking about.
6. Turn Your Blog Into a Multi-Million Dollar Business
Your blog doesn’t have to be a passive income source. It can not only replace your full-time income but can also become a multi-million dollar business.
It’s not easy but it is very well possible.
Here are a few examples:
- Eben Pagan used to write a blog on relationship advice for men. He was soon able to turn that blog into a company that generates $20 million dollars a year and is now one of top dating advice companies on the market.
- Russel Brunson used to write a blog on creating potato cannons at home. He now owns a multi-million dollar company known as ClickFunnels. ClickFunnels would never have been possible had Russel not started blogging.
- Ramit Sethi turned his personal finance blog I Will Teach You To Be Rich into a multi-million dollar company that sells online courses on Self-Improvement and of course, personal finance.
- Brian Lam, the editor of Gizmodo, started a blog called WireCutter after quitting his job and recently sold that blog for more than $30 Million Dollars.
These are only a few examples of bloggers who were able to turn their blog into multi-million dollar businesses. If you go out looking, you will find thousands of success stories just like these.
7. Build Relationships With Influencers In Your Industry
Think of the biggest “experts” in your industry.
What name comes to mind?
What will happen if you knew this person on a first name basis?
What would that do for your career and for your skills?
Building a relationship with the top 1% of the world is just a dream for most people. But blogging makes it super easy.
When you have a decent amount of readers on your blog, you can reach out to the experts in your industry and ask them for an interview. Most influencers will be happy to do an interview with you even if you don’t have millions of followers.
Even if you only have a few hundred followers, most experts in your industry will comply with your request because it stokes their ego and makes their audience see them as a more credible person.
The Next Step
Hopefully, this article pumped you up with enough motivation to start a blog.
Now comes the hard part of actually starting a blog.
But don’t worry. It’s not only easier than you think, but it also takes less than an hour.
To make it easy for you to start a blog, here’s our easy step-by-step guide to starting a blog.