Facebook is undoubtedly the biggest and the most popular social networking website in the world. There are over a billion active users and is a great platform to attract potential customers.
If you are a blogger or a marketer, you will have a Facebook page of your blog, your product or of your service. On this page, you might be posting updates in order to gain more followers and get more likes. But if you are still struggling in getting more Facebook likes then you need to read this article till the end.
Why do you need to work on getting more likes?
You might be asking this question.
Well, for starters, if you have a lot of likes on your Facebook page, you can drive a huge amount of traffic to your website or to your products. You can promote other people’s products to make sales and earn money with it.
But the best part is that if your Facebook page has tens of thousands of likes, then people will trust you and feel that the page is representing a brand, which can be really helpful in the long term.
So let’s see the various ways using which you can get more Facebook likes.
Simple Ways to Get Initial Likes
At the beginning of the article, I would like to mention some of the simple methods that you can use to get the initial boost on your Facebook page. These methods are right in front of you and people use them but for some reason, you are not implementing these methods. So let’s begin with the neglected methods.
1. Set Up Your Page Timeline
The first thing you need to do once you have created your Facebook page is to upload a proper profile picture and cover image on your page.
Then go to the About section of your page and fill up all the details with relevant information so that people will be able to find your page easily.
- Category: Choose the category that best describes your page.
- Page Name: If you page has less than 200 likes, then you will be able to change the name of your page.
- Topics: In this section, add up to 3 words that best describes your page. This will help people discover your page easily.
- Facebook Web Address: It is self-explanatory.
- Start Date: You can specify the date you created your Facebook page.
- Short Description: This is a really important section. Consider this as the meta description of your Facebook page. Add a short but relevant description of your page describing all the updates and topics that you are going to post on it.
- Impressum: Unless you stay in countries like Switzerland, Austria or Germany, you don’t need to worry about this.
- Long Description: Here you can describe your Facebook page in as many words as you like. Utilize this space properly.
- Website: Add your website address associated with the page, in you have one.
- Official Page: If your page is an official page about a celebrity, brand or an organization, then specify the brand’s name.
- Facebook Page ID: Your page’s identity.
2. Invite Your Friends
The first thing you need to do to gain likes is to use this option. You need to invite your friends to like your page by sending them invite messages.
You can do this automatically from your Facebook page.
Go to your Facebook page and on the left-hand side, below your page’s profile picture, you will see a small box like in the image below. Click on the “Invite Friends to Like This Page” option.
You will see a complete list of all your friends. On the right side of your friends’ name, there will be an “Invite” button. Click on it to send an invite.
This is a simple method to gain the initial likes but you can use it at any time to inform your new friends that you have Facebook page and you will appreciate it if they could like it.
3. Ask Friends To Invite Their Friends:
You can also ask your friends to go to your page and use the “Invite Friends to like this page” option to send an invite to their friends list.
When they visit your Facebook page, they will see the option as well.
However, I would recommend you to ask only those friends who will really help you. And only ask them once, don’t keep on nagging. If someone repeatedly asked you to like their page, then you will get irritated. The same thing can happen to them as well.
So ask them politely once and if you are lucky, then will oblige and help you out in getting more likes on your Facebook page.
4. Prepare A Posting Schedule and Stick to It
If you think that by posting 10-15 times a day, you are going to get a lot of likes and engagement, then you are wrong. Unless you have a memes page, celebrity gossip page or news page, posting multiple times a day won’t do you any good.
When you engage more people in your status updates, chances of getting more shares increases and as a result, the chances of attracting more likes increases as well.
According to KISSMetrics, pages that post 1-2 times a day gets 40% more user engagement than pages with 3+ posts a day.
This doesn’t mean that you will get higher user engagement on any update you post. Unless you write something meaningful and useful, you are not going to see any user engagement. Remember that quality always wins over quantity.
5. Add Facebook Like Box on your Website
You can add a Facebook Like box on your website to convert your new blog readers into regular readers. You can add a widget in the sidebar or use a pop-up box to attract more likes.
6. Use Facebook as your Page:
You can click on the top-right drop down menu to choose your Facebook page as user and then like or comment on other popular pages to get other people’s attention. This is not a solid way to get long-lasting followers but is a really great way to get more exposure.
How to Get More Facebook Page Likes?
Now that you have learnt the simple ways that you can use to get the initial likes on your Facebook page, it’s time to know how to go ahead from there and expand your reach so that you can attract more and more followers.
7. Use Share for Share (S4S):
Note:This method works only when you have a considerable amount of likes on your Facebook page.
There may be more than a billion pages on Facebook and it’s highly possible that you will find a lot of pages sharing the same type of content that you do.
When you reach a point where you don’t know how to increase the Facebook likes, you need to take the help of your competitors.
Find the same pages as yours and message them to know if they are interested in sharing your page link on their page. Tell them; in return you will do the same. (Share for Share or shout-out-for-shout-out method)
If you know about Neil Patel’s $100,000 blog challenge, then you would know that he is building a Facebook fan page as well and in the recent update, he mentioned that the page crossed a 100,000 likes by posting quality content and doing shout-out-for-shout-outs.
8. Try to Post at the Best time:
When I say that try to publish a post at the best time, I mean to say that utilize the time when people are most likely to click on your post.
There are both, best days to post an update as well as best time in a day to post an update, for maximum exposure.
The best time to post an update on Facebook is around noon to 1:00 pm and if you want to get more clicks, then you should post an update at 3:00 pm.
Similarly, the best days are Thursdays and Fridays for better engagement and Saturdays for more shares. Combines these timings to create a perfect posting schedule and stick to it.
9. Use Giveaways and Organize Contests
You can organize a contest on your Facebook fan page and give something away for free to your readers. This will help you in getting more followers because the people that already like your page are going to invite their friends as well to take part in your contest.
You can add a rule that all the participants must like your page in order to be eligible to win the prize.
10. Create At Least 2 Pages:
This might be something new for you, it’s new for me as well, but I learnt this strategy from Glen of ViperChill.com.
In his $1000 Facebook guide, he showed that having 2 pages with the same topic and most of the times, the same content can actually increase your Facebook page likes.
You can see the example of CarThrottle and Car Memes Facebook pages, both of them share the same links most of the time and you can clearly see the number of likes they have. They both have more than 1 million likes and the traffic at CarThrottle.com is increasing with every passing day, thanks to Facebook!
This happens because just like Google, Facebook too gives more weight to something that has been shared by more than one source. In this case, the same link being shared by 2 pages.
So if you are serious about any niche, then you should try this method out because if it’s working for someone else, then it can work for you too.
11. Post Valuable Content:
I should not even say this, but still there are people that posts crappy updates on their Facebook pages. You should not post an update just because you haven’t done it in days.
If you don’t have anything to say, then why not share some useful article that you read with your readers. You are sending your readers to some other website, but in doing so you are not going to lose the people that follow you. Instead, they are going to thank you for recommending an informative article.
If you don’t have any ideas to share on your Facebook pages, then you should search for some valuable content on other sites and update it on your page.
12. Use Images and Memes:
If you really want to increase Facebook likes along with increasing the user engagement, then consider using relevant images in your posts.
An update containing a photo can get 53% more likes, 104% more comments and 83% more click-throughs.
You can take the example of TheOatmeal. The Facebook page has got more than 3 million likes and the website gets millions of visitors every month. The content posted is just comic strips. So if you are good at drawing and sketching, then try to make a few pictures based on your page’s topic and see how they perform.
Memes and troll images perform well too, but it doesn’t always work on all categories. However, using a humorous image or a joke that shows the condition in your niche will work a lot better compared to other posts.
Here is an image Neil Patel used on his Nutrition page.
Check out this amazing post on SocialMediaExaminer on how to use images that get shared more often and drive lots of traffic!
The same thing goes with videos as well. I have seen a lot of Facebook pages grow to a hundreds of thousands of likes just by sharing viral videos on their fan page. But you should be careful when finding and sharing videos as they might be protected by copyright laws.
13. Use Facebook Ads to Get More Likes
Facebook ads are an awesome way to reach hundreds of thousands of people who are looking to follow pages and people that shares important content. So if you use Facebook ads to promote your page, then you can get a lot of likes for a very cheap price.
However, when you use ads to promote your Facebook page or posts, make sure that you target the right audience and use proper images to get high CTR.
It would require an article to tell you how to set up Facebook Ads that gives you cheap likes, but I am going to share some points that you need to keep in mind when setting up ad campaigns.
- Images: Use at least 3 images on your ad copy. The ads will show you which image gets the highest CTR and reaches more people, so you can stop the ads with images that are not performing well.
- Age Group: Every niche has a group of people of a particular age that can become the best customers. For example, if you have a page for ”woodworking” then the best person to target would be in the age group of 35-50 because when you reach that age, you try out new things. So do some research and find the right age of your audience.
- Gender: Choose the gender of the people you are targeting properly. You can’t target males for fashion related page, and similarly you can’t target females for a beard related page.
- Interests: This is probably the best and the most important thing which if used properly will give you the best results. You can add various interests of people and also the name of your competitors’ pages to target your ads to their followers.
- Location: Target the right audience by choosing the right countries. If you have a Facebook page related to cricket, then target USA would be a really bad choice.
- Other Demographics: You can also target people based on the language they speak, their relationship status, their education, their work status etc.
I might not be an expert in telling you about Facebook Ads, but I can surely recommend you some awesome articles and videos that you can go through to create the best-performing Facebook ads.
These were all the strategies and ways that you can use to increase Facebook likes on your pages. If I missed any particular strategy, then don’t forget to share it with us.
I hope that you liked the article, so go and try out these methods to increase the likes on your Facebook page and come back here to share your experience with us.